Cancer Resource Center in South Denver
Sky Ridge Medical Center has partnered with the American Cancer Society to provide a cancer resource center for survivors, family members and friends in South Metro Denver.
At the Sky Ridge Cancer Center, our comprehensive care goes beyond diagnosis and treatment. To help throughout the cancer journey, we offer assistance for patients and their families.
Helping cancer patients from diagnosis through recovery
The Sky Ridge Cancer Resource Center is located in the Aspen Building, which is adjacent to the main hospital.
Available services include:
- Access to the latest information about tests, treatments and clinical trials
- Information about local community support resources
- Wigs, scarves and hats to clients who have lost their hair or are in need of head coverings
- Assistance in making appointments for mastectomy bra fittings
- A personal health manager to organize all of the information you receive from your healthcare provider
Our cancer resource center is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please come by for a visit and to let our trained volunteers assist you in learning more and accessing community resources. For more information, please call us at (720) 225-4203.
Screenings are an important part of being proactive about your health. Our goal is to catch cancer as early as possible, when less treatment is necessary for a better outcome. Through our partnership with the annual 9Health Fair, Sky Ridge is able to provide the Denver community with access to cancer screenings and education.
In addition to providing access to screenings at our facility, we also provide education resources and events to ensure you feel informed and confident about different types of screenings.
- Breast—Learn more about our annual Women’s Symposium where we discuss screening information for breast health and lung cancer.
- Colorectal—We provide take-home kits and encourage people in the community to take advantage of our “Colonoscopy Saturday” program. • Skin—At our annual Women’s Symposium, we offer a workshop about fending off skin cancer.
- Gynecological—We provide education on HPV for both adults and vaccine education for parents.
- Prostate—We partner with the Prostate Conditions Education Council for our annual free prostate cancer screening day. Contact us to learn about our upcoming Fall 2019 date.
Learn more about our 2018 screening events
All who attend the 9Health Fair are notified with findings after the event. We will continue to post the results of these events on our website.
- At the 2018 9Health Fair, 44 breast exams were conducted by onsite experts, 4 of which were flagged for further testing- supporting our goal to catch any cancer as early as possible when it is most treatable.
- We offered education on common screening questions at the October Women’s Symposium for more than 120 women, including the popular “get the skinny on screenings” for lung and breast health.
- More than 130 people took advantage of the take-home colorectal screening kits distributed at the 2018 9Health Fair.
- Forty people also attended “Colonoscopy Saturday” program to learn more about how to be proactive with getting their colonoscopies.
- The 2018 Women’s Symposium, also offered a workshop on “Save Our Skin…Aging Gracefully and Fending Off Skin Cancer” where more than 120 people were educated on taking care of their skin.
- We also screened 132 people for abnormalities on their skin, and advised 66 people to see their doctor/dermatologist to determine any best next steps.
- Forty eight women signed up for their pap tests at the 9Health Fair, and one person took further action in seeing their doctor to ensure their results did not need further testing.
- We also offer continued education on HPV for both adults and vaccine education for parents.
- In conjunction with the Prostate Conditions Education Council, we hosted a free prostate cancer screening in September where we screened 62 men with 11 with a PSA greater than 4; phone calls were then made to those with elevated PSA to ensure they knew the best next steps for their care. In addition, we performed 148 prostate exams at the 9Health Fair with 8% out of range.
Breast cancer support group
Join a group of breast cancer survivors, newly diagnosed patients, Sky Ridge team members and community partners that will provide you with support, compassion and information during your journey to recovery. Third Tuesday of each month, 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. in Boardroom on the Garden Level at Sky Ridge.