Quality & Safety
At Sky Ridge Medical Center, we are committed to providing the safest and highest quality care to our patients. We continuously monitor and measure the care our patients receive. We then evaluate our performance against our own rigorous standards, as well as industry benchmarks.
Quality at the Forefront
- We have board-certified OB/GYNs, anesthesiologists and certified nurse anesthetists in house 24/7.
- Our Labor & Delivery staff are highly trained, seasoned nurses with decades of experience.
- Perinatologists and Neonatologists are on call 24/7.
- Perinatal nurse practitioners are in house from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Neonatal nurse practitioners are in house 24/7.
- We have an 8-bed antepartum unit for high-risk moms.
- Our NICU has 23 private rooms and we care for infants as young as 24 weeks.
- We have a state-of-the-art infant protection system with 24-hour monitoring.
- Our staff is thoroughly trained on this sophisticated system, which includes electronic devices, My Child system, cameras and other safety measures.
- All Birth Place staff who handle your baby have a special ID badge.
- The 2nd and 3rd floors are secured so all visitors will press a camera phone for entry and all visitors will wear a special ID badge.
- Your baby’s best protector, however, is you. Please don’t hand your baby over to anyone who doesn’t properly identify him or herself and is wearing the appropriate ID.