There's a lot to do to prepare for the birth of your baby...
To help with this process, here are some things we suggest you do before the big day!
1) Sign up for a hospital tour and some of our childbirth & parenting classes.
2) Review Financial Responsibilities
We encourage you to obtain "pre-certification" from your insurance carrier prior to your admission. Make sure you understand your specific coverage terms. Verify that Sky Ridge is an approved provider of obstetrical care under your plan. If you have minimal to no insurance coverage, the total hospital bill is your responsibility; however, we do offer a cost-reduced plan. Call our Pricing Hotline for further information at 1-888-824-7655.
If you have any questions about payment or insurance issues, please do not hesitate to call a financial counselor at (720) 225-1505.
3) Pre-Register for Delivery
We recommend you pre-register prior to your hospital stay. Pre-registration will enable us to escort you without delay to Labor & Delivery to complete admission.
4) Customize Your Birth Plan
To support you during the birth of your child, we want to understand your expectations so we may customize your stay to best meet your needs.
5) Review "Five Wishes" Advance Directive
Federal law directs that any time you are admitted to any healthcare facility or served by certain organizations that receive Medicare or Medicaid funding, you must be told about Colorado's laws concerning your right to make healthcare decisions.
As a patient, it is your right to formulate and provide advance directives concerning your wishes for life-prolonging or sustaining treatment in the event that you should become unable to make your own decisions. Completion of the pamphlet "Five Wishes" fulfills the need for an advance directive.
You are not required to have an advance directive in order to receive medical treatment at this healthcare facility. If you would like a copy of the pamphlet "Five Wishes" sent to you, please call (720) 225-1511.
6) Select a Doctor for your Baby
Call our Physician Referral Center at (720) 225-5DOC (5362) and we will be happy to secure a free, confidential referral for you.
More Planning Resources
- What You Need to Know About Your Induction
- What You Need to Know About Your C-Section
- Pain Management While You're In Labor
- Helpful Hints for Childbirth
- Pain Management Options for Childbirth: Medical & Natural
- Perinatal/Childbirth Safety