Heart-Healthy Recipes: Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
3 tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheets with vegetable pan spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine egg whites, water and vanilla; set aside.
- Blend brown sugar and vegetable oil in large bowl at low speed. Add egg mixture. Beat until smooth. Add flour mixture in 3 parts at lowest speed. Scrape bowl well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degress for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack. Makes about 36 cookies.
Total Fat......2 g
Sat. Fat......0.5 g
*Above figures based on per serving basis.