Some of the most difficult and complex problems in the human body are diseases of the liver, biliary system and pancreas.
Our Center offer specially trained specialists, a personalized treatment plan and the latest technology from diagnosis through treatment and into recovery.
The Center for Diseases of the Liver & Pancreas at Sky Ridge providers experts who work in collaboration to create treatment strategies — surgical and non-surgical — for patients with complex liver, biliary and pancreatic diseases, including cancer.
Liver & Pancreatic Conditions Treated
We treat a wide range of pancreatic and liver conditions, including:
- Alcoholic and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Bile Duct Disorders, including (benign and malignant) biliary duct cancer
- Cancer of the Liver, primary and metastatic
- Cirrhosis of the Liver
- Drug-Induced Hepatitis
- Inherited Metabolic Liver Disorders
- Pancreatic cancer/tumors
- Pancreatitis (acute and chronic)
- Portal Hypertension
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Viral Hepatitis (A, B, C, D and E)
Comprehensive Treatment for Pancreatic Cancer and Liver Cancer
Sky Ridge also offers comprehensive liver and pancreatic cancer diagnosis and treatment. As part of the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Sky Ridge Medical Center, our pancreatic and liver cancer care is cohesive, lasting throughout each patient’s entire cancer journey. Our multidisciplinary team of liver and pancreatic cancer specialists work collaboratively, providing compassionate care and exceptional outcomes.
Our team has a record of catching certain cancers at earlier stages than the state average as well as survival data that is better than the state average. These cancers include liver, intra- and extra-hepatic bile duct, gallbladder, pancreas and other parts of the biliary tract.
Our Liver and Pancreas Experts
At the Center for Diseases of the Liver & Pancreas, our team of specialists come from many different areas of expertise to provide a broad scope of care.
- Gastroenterology/Hepatology: Board-certified gastroenterologists offer advanced endoscopic techniques.
- Interventional Radiology: Interventional Radiologists use minimally invasive image guided techniques to treat tumors or obstructions.
- Surgery: General surgeons are fellowship trained in advanced surgical techniques involving liver, biliary and pancreatic surgery. Surgeons specialize in the operative removal of tumors of the liver, pancreas or other parts of the GI tract.
- Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology: Medical oncologists administer specialized chemo-therapeutic treatment plans. Radiation oncologists deliver external and internal beam radiation therapy to referred patients, both inpatient and outpatient.