Dr. Frank Chae Answers the Top Searched Questions About Weight Loss Surgery
1. Who is a good candidate for bariatric (weight loss) surgery?
People trying to lose more than 50 lbs who have tried medical and/or diet weight loss programs without much success.
2. What changes happen in someone’s life after gastric bypass surgery?
The most typical response from our patient is “getting my life back” and do the things they always wanted to do in life
3. How much weight can I expect to lose after bariatric surgery?
Depending on the type of surgery, we typically expect more than 50 to 150+ lbs of weight loss. However, my team and I know that results vary, so we will create a personalized treatment plan just for you.
4. What can I expect at my first appointment to discuss bariatric surgery?
We will go over past medical/diet history, personal goals and review personal questions.
5. What can I do to increase weight loss after bariatric surgery?
Consult closely with our Bariatric Dieticians who help build an individualized plan for each of our patients.
6. How does gastric bypass surgery affect the digestion process?
Gastric bypass works by decreasing the absorption of food in our GI system and altering our metabolism.
7. How can I treat gas after having gastric bypass?
Over the counter remedies and avoiding certain disagreeable food types typically help with bloating/gas upset.
8. What should I expect after having a Roux-En-Y gastric bypass?
You will be able to go back to your favorite restaurant and order your favorite entrée except now, you will not be able to finish the entire serving!
9. Can weight loss (bariatric) surgery be reversed?
Yes, there are many types of weight loss surgery that may be reversed.