Ashwin A Kurian, MDGeneral Surgery
Dr. Kurian completed his medical schooling in Bangalore Medical College, India in 2001. After this he completed a general surgery residency in the United Kingdom, where he is a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He moved to Philadelphia, USA to continue his general surgery training in Abington Memorial Hospital. He graduated from his training program in 2011. He has completed a fellowship in minimally invasive surgery of the esophagus and stomach and advanced flexible endoscopy.
He is interested in the incisionless endoscopic management of surgical disorders. His research interests are in benign esophageal motility disorders, gastroesophageal reflux and esophageal cancer. He has written extensively on POEM, which is a new incisionless surgical endoscopic procedure for patients with swallowing problems and gastroesophageal reflux disease. He is also involved in research directed towards improvements in surgical education of minimally invasive and endoscopic surgery.
Accepts most insurance. Contact your insurance provider for coverage information
- General Surgery - Primary
- Residency: Abington Memorial Hospital - 2011
- Graduate Degree: Doctor Of Medicine - Bangalore Medical College - 2001
- Residency: Drexel University College of Medicine - 2008
- Fellowship: Providence Portland Medical Center - 2012
- Fellowship: Providence Portland Medical Center - 2013
- Swedish Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center