Sky Ridge Medical Center and all HealthONE hospitals send one itemized bill out for all the hospital services provided during your stay. So why do you receive several other bills? Because not all the people who cared for you or services you received were provided directly by the hospital.
Most physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists, radiologists and pathologists who care for patients at a hospital are not employees of the hospital. They have their own practices and provide services to patients in the hospital. They then bill for these services themselves directly to patients (or the patient's insurance company).
On Your Hospital Bill
The bill that comes from the hospital itself covers things that the hospital directly provides, such as:
- Any operating rooms or testing facilities or equipment used
- Nursing services
- Procedures, tests, medications and IVs
- Nutrition and food services
- Supplies like bedding, hospital gowns, catheters and bandages
- Services ranging from environmental services to medical waste removal
NOT On Your Hospital Bill
Typically any physician who provided care when you were in the hospital but has a private practice will bill you separately for the services provided. This often includes:
- Family physicians or internists
- Specialty physicians (e.g., anesthesiologists, cardiologists, endocrinologists, pathologists, radiologists)
Billing Questions? Call us!
Sky Ridge Medical Center provides an online portal for patients to access billing information 24/7 as well as to make payments online. While we can't provide details on the bills from another provider, we'll do our best to connect you to the appropriate physician's office to better assist you. Help is available by phone and email as well.