Ingredients and Preparation
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown, breaking with a wooden spoon or spatula until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add tomatoes and beans to the pot. Stir in cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or more, until the chili reaches desired thickness.
- Top each bowl of chili with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese.