The purpose of screening is to find a health problem early and treat it. Tests are given to people who do not have signs of a problem, but may be at risk for one.
Screening Guidelines and Tests
Your care team will ask you questions at any regular check up. They may ask if you feel or have felt:
- Nervous, anxious, frightened, or on edge
- Bothered by feeling panicked or frightened
- Bothered by avoiding situations that make you nervous
The doctor may ask more questions based on your answers.
Social anxiety disorder usually appears before the teen years. Your child's doctor will ask about your child's behavior or if they are shy.
- Reviewer: EBSCO Medical Review Board Adrian Preda, MD
- Review Date: 12/2018 -
- Update Date: 02/27/2019 -