Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir to mix.
- Combine milk, oil, sour cream, and egg substitute in a medium bowl and beat with a wire whisk until blended.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour the liquid ingredients into the well all at once. Stir until just moistened.
- In a medium bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of sugar and blueberries and toss to coat with sugar. Stir gently into batter just until blueberries are distributed.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes, until light golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let cool on wire rack for 3-4 minutes, then remove muffins from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.