These steps may help lower the risk of asthma:
Avoid exposure to smoke:
- Do not smoke, especially when pregnant.
- Do not go to places with secondhand smoke.
- Keep children from secondhand smoke.
- Take steps to avoid respiratory infections, such as staying away from people who are sick and washing your hands.
- People who work jobs in farming, cleaning, or painting should follow safety steps.
- Reviewer: EBSCO Medical Review Board Daniel A. Ostrovsky, MD
- Review Date: 09/2019 -
- Update Date: 10/22/2019 -