Thank you for choosing Sky Ridge to have your baby!
Check-in: Women’s Hospital Entrance is located on the north side of the hospital between the Pediatric Emergency Department and our Cancer Center.
To optimize your C-Section experience, please take the following steps:
- No Food eight hours prior to your scheduled cesarean section (this includes gum). You may have water up to four hours before, unless your surgeon or anesthesiologist has given you different instructions.
- No smoking after midnight.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids in the weeks prior to your C-Section.
- If you take blood thinners and/or insulin call your OBGYN for a plan on when to stop them.
- Bring all inhalers and medication list (name, doses and instructions) to the hospital.
- The day before surgery: change bed linens, use clean towels and wear clean clothes.
On the day of your C-Section:
- Take a shower, shampoo hair and brush teeth.
- Remove all jewelry including wedding rings and piercings.
- Do not apply lotions, deodorant, powders or perfumes.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and supportive walking shoes.
- Leave valuables at home.
- Bring insurance card, photo ID and method of co-payment.
What to bring:
- Two to three changes of loose comfortable clothing.
- Clothes for your baby to wear home.
- Camera with extra batteries or charger.
- Phone with charger.
- Car seat for ride home.
- Baby book for foot prints.
- Books, cards, tablets (anything desired for entertainment during your hospital stay).
During flu season, the months of October – April, only siblings of the infant are permitted to visit in Labor & Delivery as well as the Mom/Baby unit. All other children under the age of 14 may not visit the unit due to risk of flu exposure to the new mother and infant. We want to protect you and your newborn!