Training & Education
Sky Ridge Medical Center is a 287-bed acute hospital serving residents and visitors of the southern Denver metro area. Owned by Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sky Ridge offers a level 2 24-hour emergency room, diagnostic services, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, cath lab and rehabilitation programs. Our inpatient rotations take place at Sky Ridge Medical Center and our outpatient clinic is Cornerstone Family Practice In Aurora CO.
Sky Ridge Family Medicine Residency provides a unique community hospital training environment in an upscale suburban area and in contrast, a clinic in a more underserved area.
- Osteopathic Special Recognition
- High utilization of ultrasound for OB GYN and MSK in clinic
- Direct one-on-one individualized teaching with faculty
- Diverse patient population from across Denver
- Very busy hospitals that couples excellence in stroke care, cardiac care and trauma with core internal medicine
- Fully functional educational library access
- Cultural competency learning opportunities
- Busy ER learning opportunities
- Sports medicine clinic within the continuity clinic and team coverage with fellowship trained faculty
- Opportunity for specialized tracks in Sports Medicine, Maternity Care, Hospitalist, OMM and Wilderness Medicine.
- Fun outside of residency options during time off including outdoor activities, restaurants, nightlife and more
- Possible future fellowships on-site