Mom/Baby Unit at Sky Ridge Medical Center
Private Rooms for Childbirth Recovery & Bonding with Baby
Within a few hours of childbirth, mom and baby will be moved to our Mom/Baby Unit, which is located on the third floor within the Birth Place at Sky Ridge. This is a secured unit featuring restricted access and electronic wrist banding.
Here our experienced postpartum nursing staff and allied medical professionals will provide the support you need to:
- Recover from childbirth
- Bond with your baby
- Begin breastfeeding, if desired
- Learn the basics of newborn care
- Transition home
Special Amenities Just for You
- "At your request" meal service featuring chef-prepared meals delivered to your room.
- Complimentary afternoon tea service and "baby" bundt cake.
- 24-hour free access to the Newborn Channel with programming on all aspects of newborn and infant care.
- Bella Baby photography sessions with Web access.
- Help with breastfeeding by certified lactation consultants.
- Free Internet access.
Located within the Mom/Baby Unit is our Nursery. Here, full-term babies will receive the medical attention they need during their first few days, including regular physical examination, vaccination (if needed), circumcision (for boys), and a first bath. While we encourage parents to room-in with their newborns, nurses are available 24-hours a day in the Nursery to help care for your child.
Babies born early (at or after 24 weeks) or requiring extra medical attention will be cared for in Sky Ridge's Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit following birth.