The Birth Place at Sky Ridge Medical Center is where stars are born!
Our facility delivers more babies than any other location in South Metro Denver.
At Sky Ridge, nothing quite puts a twinkle in our eyes like the birth of a child. In fact, we've become the provider of choice for South Metro Denver families, because our compassionate, highly experienced nursing team and trusted doctors truly care for our patients. We focus on providing an extraordinary experience for our patients and their families with safety and quality as top priorities.
During the flu season, now through April, no children under the age of 14 may go on the Hospital OB Tours. After you have been admitted for delivery, siblings of the infant are permitted to visit in Labor and Delivery as well as the Mom/Baby unit. All other children under the age of 14 may not visit the unit due to risk of flu exposure to the new mother and infant. We want to protect you and your newborn.
Take a tour of our Birth Place!
Why you should deliver your baby at Sky Ridge Medical Center:
- We have a comprehensive team of caring specialists that can provide you with care before, during and after your pregnancy
- We were awarded the 2015 Women's Choice for America's Best Hospitals Obstetrics
- We enforce top-notch quality and safety standards
- We offer a high-end, Amenity Suite Experience
- We have private, spacious rooms where your spouse/partner can sleep
- To support the birthing process, birth balls, rocking chairs and squat bars are available upon request
- Our primary C-Section rate is 17%, while the Colorado state average is 25.9%
- We provide help with breastfeeding by certified lactation consultants
- We offer a Bella Baby photography session with your newborn and partner
- We have flat-screen TVs with 24-hour free access to the Newborn Channel with programming on all aspects of newborn and infant care
- You have access to pregnancy and childbirth classes- everything from preparation for a baby, to boot camp for new dads and siblings
- You have direct access to our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric ER, should your newborn or children need extra medical attention