da Vinci®... Changing the Experience of Surgery at Sky Ridge
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a condition that may require surgery, you owe it to yourself to learn about all of your medical options, including the most effective, least invasive surgical treatments available.
The da Vinci® Surgical System provides surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting a surgeon's hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform. The da Vinci System enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
For the patient, benefits may include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities
- And in many cases, better clinical outcomes
Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery that Speeds Recovery Time and Lessens Pain
At Sky Ridge Medical Center in Denver, we offer the most advanced minimally invasive types of kidney and bladder surgeries available. The da Vinci® Robotic Surgery System allows specially trained doctors to operate miniaturized surgical instruments to create extremely precise movements. Our robotic surgeons perform several types of urologic procedures, including:
- Radical or Partial Cystectomy (removal of all or part of the bladder)
- Nephrectomy or Partial Nephrectomy (removal of all or part of the kidney)
- Prostatectomy or Partial Prostatectomy (removal of all or part of the prostate)
- Pyeloplasty (for urinary obstruction)