At the Sky Ridge Cancer Center, we pride ourselves on offering our patients the very best in cancer diagnostics, treatment and support—something that we feel makes us stand out above all other cancer centers!
Comprehensive Hospital Cancer Program Accreditation
As a Comprehensive Hospital Cancer Program (CHCP) recognized by the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer (CoC), Sky Ridge is committed to:
- Diagnosing and treating a wide array of cancer types
- Providing personalized care that goes beyond your expectations
- Using a multi-specialty team of board-certified doctors who use the most advanced tools and procedures
- Going beyond medicine to provide patients access to education, support and clinical research
Newest Minimally Invasive Technologies
Tools used to accurately diagnose and treat cancer are continually advancing and evolving. It's our job to keep on top of the latest and greatest so that we can provide our community with the very best. Our team is continually bringing the most current, minimally invasive technologies from around the world to Sky Ridge, including:
- Ytrium-90 Radioembolization of Liver Tumors
- Our Interventional Radiologist, Charles Nutting, D.O., maneuvers a catheter into a patient's liver artery and releases a high dose of radioactivity designed to minimize the growth of a tumor—and add more than a year to the life expectancy of patients with liver cancer.
- Robot-Assisted Prostatectomy
- For the treatment of prostate cancer, when surgery is the preferred course of treatment, robotic surgery provides the most advanced minimally invasive option available anywhere—robotic surgery with the da Vinic® S System leads to reduced pain, less blood loss, faster recovery and much more.
Cancer Care Outcomes
At the Sarah Cannon/HealthONE Cancer Network, we continually monitor quality indicators and outcomes to improve patient care. Our multidisciplinary approach with collaboration among physicians, clinicians, and nurse navigators improves communication, coordination of care, and effective treatment for our patients.
- Providing care according to the recommendations of the Commission on Cancer, as well as the National Quality Forum (NQF), the American Society of Oncology (ASCO), and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) , is more likely to result in high quality patient outcomes.
- Learn more about how we monitor quality and outcomes to improve patient care.
Cancer Support Services for Patients and Families
At the Sky Ridge Cancer Center, our comprehensive care goes beyond diagnosis and treatment. Battling cancer can leave patients asking many questions and looking for new sources of support. To help, we offer assistance for patients and their families, including:
- American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center
- Access to community support resources
- Wig & mastectomy bra fittings
- Exercise program for cancer patients
- Massage Therapy offered by Oncology Massage Associates