Comprehensive Care for the Diagnosis & Treatment of Lung Cancer
Don't be scared. Be screened.
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths, killing more Americans each year than breast, prostate, colon and pancreatic cancers combined. According to the American Cancer Society, more than 224,000 Americans are diagnosed with lung cancer each year. However, with early detection survival rates increase from 15% to as high as 92% so don't be scared. Be screened.
Our team at Sky Ridge Medical Center can help to diagnose lung cancer, provide a second opinion, stage your cancer (determine how much it has spread), plan for treatment, and offer support. Our lung specialists work with you and your family to develop an individual treatment plan.
What is Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is a disease in which cancer cells grow in the lungs. Lung cancers that start in the lungs are divided into 2 types:
- Non-small cell —This type generally grows and spreads more slowly. Non-small cell lung cancer accounts for the majority of the lung cancer cases that are diagnosed each year in the United States. The most common types of non-small cell lung cancer are squamous cell cancer and adenocarcinoma.
- Small cell—This type generally grows more quickly. It is more likely to spread to other parts of the body.
Sky Ridge Screening and Diagnostic Programs Help to Save Lives of Lung Cancer Patients
Why you want to choose Sky Ridge for Lung Cancer care:
- We have caring, compassionate lung specialists that are here for you
- We take a multidisciplinary, team approach to care
- We treat both non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer
- Lung cancer screening program
- Most effective technology for early detection
- Access to lung cancer clinical research trials
- Cancer registry for lifetime follow up
- Cancer Resource Center for support and education
- Infusion Services for chemotherapy treatment
- On-site Radiation Oncology services
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Smoking cessation education
- Weekly cancer case conference for medical teams