Colon Cancer Care at Sky Ridge
Early Detection, Accurate Diagnosis & Comprehensive Treatment
At the Sky Ridge Cancer Center in Denver, our team of colon and rectal cancer specialists know the importance of colon cancer screenings such as the colonoscopy – when caught early, colon and rectal cancers can be prevented. However, if cancer does develop, they utilize the most advanced therapies available to create a treatment plan that is right for you—all in a compassionate, healing environment close to your home.
View this public service announcement from the CDC featuring Meryl Streep who discusses the importance of colorectal cancer screening for men and women aged 50 and older>>
Colorectal Cancer Care at Sky Ridge
- Access to colorectal cancer clinical research trials
- Cancer registry for lifetime follow up
- Cancer Resource Center for support and education
- Screening for Colon and Rectal Cancers
- Infusion Services for chemotherapy treatment
- Multidisciplinary, team approach to care
- On-site Radiation Oncology services
- Weekly cancer case conference for medical teams
Colorectal cancer—affecting the colon (the longest part of the large intestine) and/or the rectum (the last 6- to 8-inches of the large intestine)—is typically a slow growing cancer and therefore it is highly preventable and treatable.
Dr. Ken Blake (left), a Sky Ridge colo-rectal surgeon, was the first to use our new da Vinci Xi surgical system, a technological leap forward in replacing large-incision abdominal surgeries with a minimally invasive approach. He and members of the OR team were excited to be the first in our community to offer this service.