Specialized Care for the Diagnosis & Treatment of Breast Cancer
The Sky Ridge Breast Cancer Center uses the most advanced techniques to accurately diagnose and treat your cancer in a compassionate, healing environment. Breast cancer affects more women than any other type of cancer, but it is also one of the most treatable types of cancer. Our team will work with you to develop a personalized breast cancer treatment plan to help you battle this disease. And, our breast health navigator will be with you every step of the way to provide support and guide you through your treatment options.
Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines
National breast cancer screening guidelines were released by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), which advises women to begin receiving mammograms at age 50. However, doctors who usually diagnose and treat women with breast cancer strongly feel these guidelines, if adopted nationally, would result in missed diagnoses among younger women and more advanced cancers at all ages.
“We know that diagnosing breast cancer in the early stages can minimize treatments needed for cure. Mammography is one of our best tools for detecting breast cancer in its earliest stages. Those of us in the breast community strongly believe that a yearly mammogram, starting at age 40, is the most effective way to diagnose breast cancer in its earliest stages.” Joyce Moore, MD and breast surgeon with the Sky Ridge Breast Center.
Sky Ridge Breast Cancer Center
- Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Access to breast cancer clinical research trials
- Cancer registry for lifetime follow up
- American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center for support and education
- DIEP Flap Breast Reconstruction after Mastectomy
- Digital mammography services
- Genetic counseling & hereditary cancer risk assessment
- Infusion Services for chemotherapy treatment
- Multidisciplinary, team approach to care
- On-site Radiation Oncology services
- Weekly breast cancer case conference for medical teams
Breast Cancer Resources
- The Truth about Breast Cancer Myths with Dr. Joyce Moore, Sky Ridge Breast Care Program Co-Director (pdf)
- Understanding Breast Cancer
- Managing the Effects of Lymphedema through Rehabilitation (pdf)
- Understanding your breast reconstruction options
- Breast Cancer Support Group (pdf)